Our Vision is to Inspire and Empower at-risk, low-income, urban or geographically isolated, Middle-School through High-School Students, onto a path towards higher learning, individual growth, for broader social change. By providing Native Students with a day filled with outdoor mentoring and environmental experiences which ties their own cultural roots into their daily lives, we can help build their self-esteem and a better understanding of their connection to the natural world around them.
Our “Nature is our Teacher” Surf Program is designed to provide Native Students with a day filled with environmental and cultural mentorship, build their confidence, as well as reconnect them to their Native Roots in a way that only the ocean can provide. Our goal is to work with Native American programs such as yours - to provide a positive and impactful day of activities with your program participants, promote Health and Wellness to the individuals, families and communities your program serves.
Listed, is our “Nature is our Teacher” schedule and program overview:
- Nature Is Our Teacher - Introduction
- Native Elder / Opening Prayer: Spiritual, Cultural & Environmental
- Words of Wisdom
- Oceanography Lesson: San Diego Coast Keepers
- Activity option 1: Group Mentoring, Ocean Kayaking La Jolla Cove
- Activity option 2: One on One Mentoring / Surf Lessons for Youth Participants
- Activity option 3: One on One Mentoring / Surf Lessons for Adult Participants
- Cultural Unity / Group Activities / Beach Games
- Lunch, Water, Soft Drinks
- Environmental Awareness / Group Beach Clean-up
- Group Circle / Prayer / Gratitude